What does Hepatic Steatosis means?
The main and the most prominent meaning of the term Hepatic Steatosis would be the enlargement of liver due to the accumulation of unnecessary amount of triglycerides and along with that many other fats which accumulate inside the cells of the liver. Though this particular symptom is not harmful but it may some serious other problems if not treated correctly on time. The role of the liver in the body is like changing the fat which is been taken up by body in the form of diet to that particular form which can be absorbed by the body.
There breakdown is marked particularly by:
When the liver is in the condition of fatness then the large chunks of fat usually get deposit on the cells of liver, mostly the fat contains a large amount of triglycerides. It is been observed that this particular condition is not actually harmful and many a times it has gone in noticed and the size of the liver has increased up to three times than its actual size in the case of Hepatic Steatosis.
What are major causes and the symptoms of the disease?
- It is been observed that the major cause of Hepatic Steatosis or fatty liver is alcoholism. That would mean that a person who is more prone to alcohol tends to get the disease more quickly. In the case of over consumption of alcohol the liver tends to change its role, now it does not use the same way to breakdown the fatty cells in the body which it used to do earlier. It is been studied that often people with who are more prone to alcohol and pay a negligence to their diets often face the problem of malnutrition.
- During the time of pregnancy there can be symptoms of jaundice as well as liver failure. But these are late symptoms however if treated on time nothing can cause harm to both the mother as well as the baby.
- Hepatic Steatosis can also be a result of excess of intake of drugs, or some overdose of toxins like carbon tetrachloride. These can cause severe liver problems.
Often there are no such symptoms of Hepatic Steatosis, but if there are any they may include:
- Pain, is usually marked under the ribcage which is associated on the right hand side of the body.
- Abdominal swelling is seen.
- High fever
The symptoms which occur during the time of pregnancy are:
- Appetite loss
- Pain in the abdomen
What’s the treatment of Hepatic Steatosis?
- The treatment would include the rectification of the fatty liver which is been caused and giving an extra care.
- When the problem is due to the alcohol the main and the most effective remedy is to quit alcohol, and have a healthy diet.
- When the case is associated with pregnancy then it is advisory that the mother should take more vitamins and minerals than the normal rate which she was taking earlier.
Thus these were some of the most essential points which one should remember about the Hepatic Steatosis and take some serious and effective measures against it.