Hepatic Encephalopathy is a condition in which the most important organ in our body stops working and that organ is liver, it occurs normally when our liver is not able to remove or filter the toxic chemicals from the blood which is flowing in our body, so as a result this blood becomes contaminated with these toxic substances and becomes poisonous and badly infected and when this infected blood flows to other organs of body it infects them too especially the brain, when this infected blood flows through the brain the overall functionality of the brain is worsened and it start behaving like a confused mind.
The causes of this disorder may be the diseases of the liver that reduces liver functioning such as hepatitis or cirrhosis but the exact cause of Hepatic Encephalopathy is still unknown. This is a dangerous condition and correct and proper medical care should be given as soon as possible as the person may fall into coma. Now we are going to discuss about Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment.
1. The Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment may require hospitalization if the condition is regularly getting worse because at home you cannot keep all the medical equipments ready and any medical urgency can arrive at any time so keeping the patient at home may be dangerous and early hospitalization is required in most of the cases of this disease.
2. The patients may experience internal bleeding from the intestine and this must be stopped as soon as possible, because if it goes on it can be fatal for the patient, and the blood which is accumulated in the body due to the bleeding must be removed as soon as possible because this becomes toxic and damage the organs where it is accumulated.
3. The Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment includes regular check up of kidney function and potassium should be done and treated accordingly along with the normal treatment because if the kidney fails the treatment will not respond and the patient may not be saved.
4. The diet chart must be prepared and the diet should be given according to this chart only because it contains the items which can remove the toxic material from blood so if the proper diet is given to the patient the changes of his recovery are enhanced, mostly the vegetarian diet is preferred to the patients as it contains fiber which is really good for pushing the toxins out of the intestine. This is also an integral part of Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment. One thing should be kept in mind that patients suffering from this disorder must not consume alcohol.
5. In Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment the medicines like Lactuclose or Neomycin are prescribed to the patients of this disease, these medicines are really good in minimizing the creation of ammonia in the intestine by a bacteria.
This is a really serious condition and proper care should be taken of the patient to save him but the bad news is around 70 to 80 percent of the cases are not able to recover from this disease which makes it a killer disease, the Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment should be done under proper care and continuous monitoring so as to be aware of what’s going on in the body and what actions to take for prevention and cure.